Plans for School Year 2020-2021
First Day of School-August 5, 2020
· The preschool will eat with their class. Each preschool class will eat in the preschool lunchroom with their class only. The tables and other commonly touched areas will be disinfected between class groups.
· Elementary will be divided into lower and upper elementary groups. Tables will be arranged so that students are effectively distanced. Tables and other commonly touched areas will be disinfected between class groups.
· 7th and 8th grade will eat separately from the 9th-12th grade groups. The tables will be arranged so that students are effectively distanced. Tables and other commonly touched areas will be disinfected between class groups.
· Hand sanitizer will be available in the cafeteria.
· Field trips will not occur in the first 9 weeks of school.
· We will carefully assess the consideration of any future field trips for the school year.
First Day of School-
· Wednesday, August 5th will be the first day of school.
· We understand that the first day of school is always special. We would like to encourage parents to drop off their students and allow them to walk to class. We will have staff available who will make sure that all students make it safely to their classroom. Any parents choosing to enter the building will need to have their temperature checked. Beginning Monday, August 10th, we will expect all students K5 and up to walk to class by themselves. Again, staff will be available for assistance.
· Tuesday, August 4th will be open house.
· In order to limit the number of adults in the building, we ask that only 2 adults attend with the student in the building.
· To help assist with having large groups in the building at once, we have scheduled open house times as follows:
Ø Last Name begins with A-D, come 2:00 pm-2:30 pm
Ø Last Name begins with E-K, come from 2:45 pm-3:15 pm
Ø Last Name begins with L-Q, come from 3:30 pm-4:00 pm
Ø Last Name begins with R-Z, come from 4:15 pm-4:30 pm
Ø If children in the same house have different last names, go by the older child’s name.
Ø If you can not make it during the scheduled time, please contact the office or your child’s teacher, and we will set up an alternative time.
Large Group Gatherings-
· Chapel and other assemblies will be spread out and split up to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
· Sporting events and practices will follow social distancing guidelines as to assure safety. These guidelines will be given out as the seasons commence.
Quarantine- We will follow guidelines and recommendations if a teacher or student should test positive for Covid-19.
· We know that being outdoor for activity is essential to students. We will take advantage of this as the weather allows.
· We will continue to stay up to date on all information/safety recommendations that are given for Covid-19.
· While we are not requiring the wearing of masks, we understand that some people will feel safer with facial coverings.
· We will implement and encourage social distancing when practical.
· Good hygiene practices will be continued such as washing of hands, covering coughs, using hand sanitizer, etc.
· Hand sanitizer will be placed in classrooms and throughout the buildings.
· Water fountains will not be available for use. Students will need to bring water bottles to school.
· Drop off and pick up procedures will be adapted to allow for a small number of students in the hallways at the same time.
Ø Students will remain in the classrooms prior to pick up. A teacher will radio to the classroom and send the student to the normal drop off area to be picked up.
Ø Drop off and pick up area for students:
v Preschool: Glass door by the preschool playground
v Elementary: Glass doors by the elementary hallway
v Middle and High School: Modulars/Picnic Table Shelter
· Temperatures will be taken of each student, teacher, parent if they are to enter the building. Should anyone be running a temperature, they will not be allowed to enter the building. Should a student get sick during the school day, parents will be called, and the student must be picked up.
Should virtual learning be required at anytime, the teachers and administration will be in constant contact with students. Work, attendance, etc during this time will not be optional.
Please remember that the safety of our students and staff is of upmost importance to us. Realize that information changes constantly. If at anytime this information must be adapted or amended, we will quickly be in contact with all parents.
Please pray for the teachers and administration as we continue to make decisions throughout the school year. We serve a mighty God!
Be ready. Be Bold. Stand Firm!
I Peter 3:15,