Southside Christian School Dress Code 2020-2021
Shirts Students may wear:
· Collared oxford or polo shirts
· Shirts are to be buttoned. Only the top button may be unbuttoned.
· Name brand logos should be small and no larger than the size of a fist.
· Sheer material or styles too form-fitting are not appropriate.
· Friday: Southside, Christian-themed or solid t-shirts may be worn.
· Outerwear-- Students may wear all zip-up and button type jacket styles, including hoodies.
· Shirts fitting the dress code must be worn underneath coats, jackets, and sweaters
· Use of jackets in the classroom will be determined by the classroom teacher.
· Students may not wear sweatshirts or pullovers, including non-zip or non-button hoodies in the classroom.
Shorts/Pants Students may wear:
· Pants and shorts which are neat, hemmed, and free of holes or frayed edges.
· Shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee.
· Fridays: Jeans and denim fabrics are allowed.
· Students may not wear:
· Skinny jeans, sweatpants, pajama bottoms, spandex, jogging pants, cut-offs, short shorts, or
· athletic shorts during the academic school day.
· Leggings as pants. Leggings can only be worn with a dress or skirt no shorter than 2 inches above
· the knee.
· Denim, except for Fridays. .
Dresses/Skirts Female students may wear:
• Dresses with attached sleeves and jumpers with appropriate shirts
• Dresses and skirts should be no more than 2 inches from the top of the knee.
• Shoes--Shoes must be worn at all times. They must be closed toe shoes or tennis/running shoes for P.E./Recess.
For girls, sandals are acceptable.
• Students may not wear plastic athletic sandals/sliders, flip-flops, or Crocs. Crocs may be worn on Fridays.
• Hair must be clean, neatly groomed, and out of the eyes. Male students' hair should be trimmed
• to the nape of the neck. Neatly groomed mustaches are acceptable, but no beards are allowed.
• Wild or extreme hairstyles or unusual hair colors are not allowed.
• Students may not:
• Have piercings (except girls' ears), gauging, or tattoos.
• Wear hats, caps, blankets, sunglasses, or bandanas while in the building during the school day.
• Wear clothing from or representing other local schools. However, clothing representing other local
church is acceptable on Fridays.
• Wear clothing that doesn't conform to the student's physique by being too tight or excessively
• baggy. Undergarments should not be visible at any time.