Before the candidate is considered for enrollment in Southside Christian School, the following steps must be completed. This process does take time, so you are encouraged to begin the process as soon as possible.
1. ______Parent or guardian will pick up enrollment packet
2. ______Return the completed application and sign transcript release request
3. ______Distribute Teacher Recommendation Forms and Personal Reference Forms (if requested)
4. ______Family interview with administrator or designee and tour the campus
5. ______Potential students may be required to complete an entrance exam
6. ______Parental Notification of admission decision by School Administrator
7. ______If accepted, parents need to complete all necessary forms with the
If your child is given an invitation to register, you will have ten (10 days) to come to the SCS accounting office to complete the Registration Process. A small number of qualified applicants may be placed on a waiting list if a lack of openings exists. The waiting pool will be utilized only if a student withdraws or a family does not accept the invitation to register. It is our policy to only place the number of students in our waiting pool who have a reasonably good opportunity of attending SCS in the fall. All other applicants will be encouraged to reapply the following year.
2020-2021 FINANCIAL POLICY AND TUITION
Student Re-Enrollment and Initial Enrollment Fee (See Above)
Late Tuition Payment Fee $25
Returned Check Fee (This fee will be charged for each returned check.) $35
Billing Change Fee (This fee is charged when changing tuition payment plan.) $50
Refer to Athletic Handbook
Field trips will incur an extra cost. Students not attending field trips need to inform teachers in advance if they plan to come to school on that day.
Southside Christian School is committed to providing the lowest fees possible to the families that desire a Christian education for their children. For families that require additional assistance because of limited financial resources, we offer a limited number of tuition discount scholarships. Parents should pick these up from the Public Relations administrator. The deadline for consideration is May 31st as funds are available. No student will be considered for financial aid without this form on file.
The following steps must be completed to be considered for need-based financial aid:
1. Application for admission with your non-refundable Enrollment Fee.
2. Financial aid applications must be completed and returned to the school.
3. The parents must meet the criteria for financial aid.
4. Student assistance is granted on a first come, first served basis and will not be considered until all required paperwork has been completed. Applications submitted will only be considered if there are financial aid funds remaining.
- Current students will be given priority consideration provided all paperwork has been filed. The billing account of enrolled students must be current.
- New students will be considered provided an Application for Admission is on file at the school. New student acceptance is required before award notification.
It is assumed you are enrolling your student for the entire year and budgets are set accordingly.
- If you withdraw your child before the end of the school year, a written notice is required. The reason for withdrawal and the last date the child will attend school must be given. A student withdrawal form must be signed and completed.
- If after enrollment your son/daughter is voluntarily withdrawn (even if withdrawn before the first day of class), suspended, or dismissed, no part of the fees or tuition paid to the school shall be refunded. SCS reserves the right to collect tuition and fee balances associated with the remainder of the school year. Financial reimbursement will only be considered for employment relocation or financial hardship. When final payment is made by check, transcripts will be released after 10 working days.
All payments must be made on a timely basis as established by the school. If the family’s account is not current, the following apply:
- Eligibility for Continuation in School - Students may be dismissed if their account is not paid by the 25th of the month. Students may not be considered for re-enrollment.
- Kindergarten/Twelfth Grade Graduation - Kindergarten and twelfth grade students may not participate in graduation exercises until the school account for the family is paid in full.
- Report Cards/Transfer of Records - Report cards and/or transcripts may not be released to parents or other schools.
- Eligibility for Extra-Curricular Activities – Students may not be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities including athletics, class/field trips, fine arts, etc.
- Academic Eligibility - Students may not be allowed to take exams; may be refused admittance to classes; and all student records and report cards may be withheld.
What if I enroll my child after the semester has begun? If a child is enrolled before the midterm of the semester, the account will be charged for the full semester as he/she will be able to receive full credit for that semester. If a child is enrolled after the midterm of the semester, you will be charged a prorated amount for ½ of the semester as full credit may or may not be earned by the student. All other applicants will be encouraged to reapply the following year.
Southside Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial assistance program, or athletic and other school administered programs.
Southside Christian School is a mission school that is committed to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Students are expected to follow guidelines established by the school to protect its Christian ministry.